Annons

Ny Alpha

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)
Tack för bildlänken, de bästa bilderna hittills. Får verklige hoppas att det är den enklare modellen som släpps först för det är troligtvis den som man kommmer att ha råd med, även om pro kameran verkar väldigt intressant. Den "enklare" modellen sar dessutom ganska färdig ut så månne det inte är den som kommer först. Det skulle inte förvåna mig om den lanseras redan i början av sommaren och är leveransklar i slutet av sommaren,vilket i alla fall undertecknad hoppas på. Det ser ut som o vi Minoltafotografer går en ljus tid till mötes. Låt oss bara hoppas att Sony har förstånd att sätta konkurrenskraftiga priser på produkterna så att vi blir av med den prispolitik som nu råder.

såg också att den ena modellen verkar ha motivprogram vilket jag e starkt kritisk till, lägger man tex 20k på en kamera kan man antagligen fotografera innan och har inget behov av programmen.
Har man behovet av program och ändå köper "toppmodellen" så e det dags att lära sig att använda kameran fullt ut.
En proffsmodell med motivprogram känns lite leksak över det också tyvärr.
mina 5 cent

mvh
@

Som gammal Minoltavän i förskingringen är det kul att se att något händer hos Mino... (F'låt, Sony).

Men det är nog sannolikt att man går samma väg som andra tillverkare och förenklar kamerorna vad gäller reglage, displayer etc. Att man visar en "ny" kamera med ny sensor, motivprogram etc är nog ett tecken på att Alphan är på väg bort och en billigare (att bygga, inte sämre) kamera är på väg in. Då måste den gå att sälja till alla, från nybörjaren till den avancerade. Jag misstänker att Alphan är för dyrbyggd för att kunna göras lönsamt om priset skall ner så det märks.

Vad gäller "proffsmodellen" kan det vara mer oklart OM den kommer. Att bygga/sälja ett "flaggskepp" är ett dyrt nöje och redan Minolta förlorade stora pengar på den sk "proffsmodellen" Dynax 9. "Proffsen" kommer inte att köpa Sony (heller), lika lite som de köpte Minolta - om inte annat för att Sony "bara" vet hur man sköter en konsumentmarknad, inte en yrkesmarknad.

Men kul att se att något händer!

Anders Svensson skrev:
om inte annat för att Sony "bara" vet hur man sköter en konsumentmarknad, inte en yrkesmarknad.

Är inte Sony stora inom film o video för professionellt bruk? Tycker det brukar stå Sony på det mesta SVT halar fram t ex

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12704&PID=112483#112483

Q: You have announced two new models, making for a lineup of 3 bodies. But as of yet we have no specs. What can you tell us?
 A: All we are doing with this announcement is letting people know that we are in the process of developing these two bodies. And also that one of them will be release some time during 2007.
Q: What is the relative positioning of these 3 bodies to each other and what type of users are you targeting.
A: The already released a100 has been described as an entry user model all along. We listened to the various voiced that responded to the a100 and talked about what the customers are most eager to have. One of the things we heard most was the desire for a body that would please users looking to move up one step from the a100. In fact, if you go back to Konica Minolta days there was a mid-level body called the a-7 digital and many people are looking for something to replace that model. Furthermore, we designed a body that would stand up to the requirements of professional use, and are releasing that as our top of the line model.
Q: Up until now Sony has said they wouldn’t be making a product for the pro market. When you say “a body that would stand up to the requirements of professional use” do you mean a truly professional oriented model, or do you mean a product that matches the specs of a pro model?
A: The term “professional use” can mean a lot of things. Different applications require different capabilities and functions. When we say “a body that would stand up to the requirements of professional use” that is exactly what we mean. This is a top end product that any pro could use and be satisfied. But we are not labeling this product as being exclusively geared towards professionals only. This is our top end product that will meet the needs of any user wanting specs and functions that are even higher than the high amateur model.
Q. So can we assume that the body to the right will be released some time after 2007 and that the one on the left is the high amateur model that will be released this year?
A: At this point in time all we are saying is that one of them will be released this year.
Q: So how long do you expect it to take for the 3 body lineup to be completed? Are we looking at a long wait?
A: No, not that long. We don’t have any firm dates at this point but I think you can draw your own conclusions based on the fact that we are making this announcement here and now. It certainly won’t be a wait of “years.”
Q: We have heard that both models will use newly developed sensors. Many assume that the high amateur model sensor will be the same size and the current one, and that the pro model will use a full size sensor. The release of so many lenses for full size seems to suggest as much. Can you verify this for us?
A. No, that is all officially secret at this point so I can’t say anything.
Q: So are you saying it will be an APS-C sized sensor?
A. No, I didn’t say it would be the same size as current models either.

Note: Since these products are still in the development stage it is only natural that Mr. Katsumoto can’t tell us the details. But we did ask one Sony employee which one they would buy, given the choice. He pointed to the one on the right and said “I would take the one on the right because I prefer a large viewfinder image.” Of course some of that could be the result of a larger pentaprism, but the top end model clearly has a larger body, and it is probably safe to assume that it will have a sensor that is larger than APS-C, and most likely a 35mm full size sensor.
Q: What price ranges are you thinking for these two models.
A: Currently the a100 sells for about 110,000 yen for the kit and about 90,000yen for the body. The high amateur model is a step up from that, and so the price will reflect that. Strictly speaking it is not the a-7 digital replacement, but effectively it does fit into that category.
Q: And how about the top end model. Can we assume that it will be priced somewhere between the high amateur model and full blown pro-models?
Yes. While not a full blown pro model, it will be our flagship product, geared toward users wanting the very best, top quality product in our line. So you’re guess is reasonable, but remember, nothing has been finalized yet.
Q. Given the flurry of activity in the entry model market during 2006, does Sony intend to offer any other choices for an entry model?
A: We listen very closely to the voices of our users, and we prioritize the items for which we sense the highest demand. The meaning of this announcement is that we believe these two products have the highest demand, so we are working on developing them first. But that is not to say that these are the only two products we are developing. In fact we are simultaneously working on other products as well.
“Entry users” can mean a lot of things. People come into the DSLR market from a variety of backgrounds, so we are taking very seriously the question of what type of entry model will meet the needs of the most users. But at this point our number one priority is to complete a 3 tiered lineup that goes from top to bottom.
Q: So can we expect an entry level model too?
A: No one expects the a100 to remain unchanged for ever. So of course, we are working on an entry level model.

Q. Will an entry model be released before the two models mentioned in this announcement?
A: Our announcements are based on what the demand is but that doesn’t necessarily mean our R&D is proceeding in the same order. For instance, when we first announced the alpha line lenses there were a lot of G and Zeiss lenses that would appear to a broader market than the a100 body. This latest announcement comes now because we believe it is important to answer the questions of many users about whether we will be offering a body that would suit those high end lenses.
As for an entry model, right now we are offering a product that effectively covers that need. If you think about art, you can’t start off painting pictures like Picasso or Dali. First you have to get a handle on dessin (French for basic drawing fundamentals) There are a lot of things that need to be mastered before top quality art can be created. As for our company, we are taking on some big challenges with regard to new technologies, and have some pretty radical concepts that are percolating, but at the same time we strongly believing in doing a good job of covering the basics first.
Q: Looking back on last year, the year Sony entered this market, what are your thoughts.
At the time of last year’s PMA, the transfer from KM to Sony had just been announced in January but there was very little in the way of specific details. The fact if that we didn’t even have an office at that point. We were doing joint research with KM but really had no idea what the future held because the announcement of the transfer really was a sudden one.
In that sense we are really happy to be able to participate in PMA this year. We were at last year’s Photokina but as for a new product announcement, this is really our first experience. It is with a deep sense of satisfaction that we can say, look at how far we have come.
Q: Is your business proceeding as you had hoped it would.
A: We are 100% on target. The transfer of capital was announced in January and we hurriedly made the huge move from Shinagawa to Osaka. Then in April the brand was announced and in June the products were announced, including the camera and 21 lenses and flashes and other accessories. At this point almost every country in the world is selling the Sony alpha. It may sound like I am bragging, but to be able to pull that off in 11 months is really something, and we are greatly indebted to our great staff for all their hard work. Yes, we are right where we expected to be; or perhaps even ahead of expectations.
Q: Sales figures indicate a surprisingly good start followed by some pretty tough competition leading to lower sales. Did you expect that?
A: Sony had absolutely no experience in SLRs and we were going to market with just one body. So honestly, we had no idea what kind of sales to expect. Our internal goal was to not leave our customers hanging; and to get our lenses and accessories on the shelves around the world within the fiscal year. (In Japan that is April to March) In that respect we feel we have met our goals.
As for sales, the initial surge was even a bit of a surprise to us. We certainly weren’t basing our plans on sustaining sales at that level. We are still in the early stages of offering a full lineup for the alpha mount with upgrade options and all. In that sense we feel very fortunate to have had as good of a year as we did. At this point we believe we are entering the phase of reaching each of our goals and putting together a full product lineup. Our distribution has also come into place and we believe that at this point it is all about the future.
Q: In addition to the challenges of developing new distribution routes and putting together a full product lineup, your transfer of business from KM left you with the difficult task of meeting the needs of KM users. Do you feel that you have been able to do that so far?
A. We value our alpha users very highly, and that includes those who have come from the KM product line. Recently in Osaka we started a series of clinics where we offer free inspection and evaluation of all alpha products including film cameras and lenses. We had 350 show up in Osaka and over 400 in Tokyo. At the Tokyo clinic we had 8 servicemen in place, and were set to begin at 10AM. But there was a long line from 8AM so we decided to begin 30 minutes early. Nevertheless soon after we opened the doors there was a 3 hour wait due to all the people. We planned to end at 4PM but didn’t close the doors until 9PM! We apologize to those who had to wait so long. These clinics are just one part of our ongoing effort to prioritize the customer relations side of our business and thus further grow the alpha brand product line.

Mycket intressant läsning detta, men tyvärr lämnar det rum för en hel del tolkningar. Men det visar i alla fall att det är på väg åt rätt håll. Man får verkligen hoppas att de får ut "the high amateur model" till hösten. Läste förresten i ett Nikonforum på dpreview att många Nikonfotografer avfärdar Sonys prototyper som de mest fula och oanvändbara kamerorna hittills medan det dock fanns andra som insett att Sony nu på allvar har kommit för att stanna. Kan det vara så att de som tycker att kamerorna är fula är rädda för konkurrens? Visst kan jag hålla med om att de inte är de snyggaste kamerorna jag sett men det ut att vara jäkligt bra att hålla i och för mig är det det som avgör.

Låter också bli att spekulera, men det är klart att Sony satsar på både optik och nu hus. Så Minolta AF-bajonetten är framtidssäker ett tag till. Det känns skönt för då kan jag köpa nya glugar utan att få ångest.

mnorrback skrev:
Mycket intressant läsning detta, men tyvärr lämnar det rum för en hel del tolkningar. Men det visar i alla fall att det är på väg åt rätt håll. Man får verkligen hoppas att de får ut "the high amateur model" till hösten. Läste förresten i ett Nikonforum på dpreview att många Nikonfotografer avfärdar Sonys prototyper som de mest fula och oanvändbara kamerorna hittills medan det dock fanns andra som insett att Sony nu på allvar har kommit för att stanna. Kan det vara så att de som tycker att kamerorna är fula är rädda för konkurrens? Visst kan jag hålla med om att de inte är de snyggaste kamerorna jag sett men det ut att vara jäkligt bra att hålla i och för mig är det det som avgör.
Jo, jag tror Nikonisterna är lite rädda, det är ju Nikons plats som 2:a som Sony siktar på att ta.

Nykomling

Tror det är en ganska normal reaktion...Canon och Nikon har ju i stort sett dominerat ensamma på proffsmarknaden, så en uppstickare lär utsättas för en del tråkningar på "skolgården" ett tag framöver. Må det än så länge vara av den barnsligare sorten som "va ful du e!"

Dock ser jag ingen större anledning till att Nikon/Canon ägare skall känna sig "hotade" - tvärtom - lite konkurrens är alltid bra!

HDFS) (KGS skrev:
Är inte Sony stora inom film o video för professionellt bruk? Tycker det brukar stå Sony på det mesta SVT halar fram t ex

Problemet ("problemet"?) är i så fall att få stillbildsfotografer, dvs bildbyråer, tidningar etc att se Sony som en rimligt trovärdig partner, likvärdig med Canon och Nikon. Båda dessa företag har speciella avdelningar för att serva yrkesfolk.

Det hindrar inte att man gör en "värstingkamera" men det lär bli svårt att få den lönsam. Ser man en sådan som en garant för teknik och framtid kan man ändå ta den först, med en litet lugnare modell som steg två.

Annars påminner det som refererats något om klassiska pre-releaser på den gamla goda datortiden, när tillverkarna ljög ikapp om vad de tänkte komma med "snart", så att ingen skulle byta leverantör...

Anders Svensson skrev:
Problemet ("problemet"?) är i så fall att få stillbildsfotografer, dvs bildbyråer, tidningar etc att se Sony som en rimligt trovärdig partner, likvärdig med Canon och Nikon. Båda dessa företag har speciella avdelningar för att serva yrkesfolk.
Sony har alldeles säkert en avdelning för att serva yrkesfolk med ska du se. Men än så länge håller dom nog inte på med stillbildskameror eftersom Sony inte har börjat med pro-grejer än.

Kanske hamnar den största volymen av ff-sensorer inte i Sonys egen semiproffsmodell utan i Nikons proffsmodeller?

Skulle Sonys satsning innebära att andra märken erbjuder (ännu) bättre kameror kan ju ingen förlora :)

När det gäller "proffsmarknaden" tror jag egentligen att det är något som Canon och Nikon egentligen ser som marknadsföring än som en lönsam verksamhet. Det är såklart inte frågan om att Sony inte kan, utan om de vill, dvs de kan räkna hem en sådan verksamhet på något bra sätt.

Trodde först att ni snackade om en riktig kamera. The one and only ALPA.

Bilagor

• alpa.jpg
    alpa.jpg
    33 KB · Visningar: 743
PÅ bilderna över programvalsratten så finns det ett "mode" som heter "MR"

Någon som vågar ge en gissning?
Bud på Dyxxum/DP är följande.

Memory (typ custom funktionerna kanske)

Mirror Retracted (spegel uppfällning för livewiev)

Multiple Recordings (dubbel expo som på filmtiden)

Fler bud?

Mvh.

Ascona75 skrev:
PÅ bilderna över programvalsratten så finns det ett "mode" som heter "MR"

Någon som vågar ge en gissning?
Bud på Dyxxum/DP är följande.

Memory (typ custom funktionerna kanske)

Mirror Retracted (spegel uppfällning för livewiev)

Multiple Recordings (dubbel expo som på filmtiden)

Fler bud?

Mvh.

Konica Minoltas A1 och A2 hade samma funktion på programvalsratten och då hette den "Memory Recall", dvs. en funktion där man kunde spara undan (fem stycken) egna kamerainställningar.

Idag var jag på fotomässa i Åbo och diskuterade en hel del med Sonys representanter på plats och de sade ingenting om de nya husen - enda svaret man fick var ingen kommentar. På något sätt kändes det som om de visste något men höll väldigt tyst om det. Däremot så svarade de på frågan om det kommer att flera Zeiss objekttiv: Ja och på frågan om det kommer flera i år: Ja. Roligt är det nu i alla fall att Zeiss objektiven nu finns tillgängliga. Det var roligt att klämma på dem, Zeiss 135mm f/1,8 väckte nog ett visst ha begär och kändes väligt solitt. Och Sonys 300mm 2,8 ssm och Sonys 70-200 2,8 ssm var båda underbara.

ANNONS
Köp en spegellös systemkamera från Canon och få ett 50mm objektiv på köpet hos Götaplatsens Foto.