Som Plus-medlem får du: Tillgång till våra Plus-artiklar | Egen blogg och Portfolio | Fri uppladdning av dina bilder | Rabatt på kameraförsäkring och fotoresor | 20% rabatt på Leofoto-stativ och tillbehör | Köp till Sveriges mest lästa fototidning Fotosidan Magasin till extra bra pris.

Plusmedlemskap kostar 349 kr per år

Annons

SONY awareness

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

ondjultomte

Aktiv medlem
Hittade en läsvärd tråd på dpr.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1037&thread=26606396

En person har talat med:

Dave Etchells and Shawn Barnett (Image Resource), John Shafer (Photography Review), 5 Sony Tech reps, and the head of the Sony USA DSLR division

Handlar om
"why there is such a lack of awareness/fairness, even with the top review sites out there?"

And it is as basic as I can outline here.

Bottom line is, reviewers do NOT have enough time to thoroughly get to know a new brand, and they all admit they don't get enough real world time with the *Sony Cameras, nor any cameras they review nowadays due to the flood of the market.

Since Nikon and Canon and Pentax and Olympus have been around for so much longer in the market, and since there are more and more camera models coming in at a blistering rate, they simply do not have time to keep up with all the details with Sony like we do here on this forum (beyond the exemplary review standards they all have) .

Dave Etchells was very nice to spend time with me, and I am completely impressed with his manner and insight. Shawn Barnett is an enthusiast with the Sony lineup, he really likes them. They both spoke very highly about Sony.

Image Resource, and DPR are overloaded with reviews. That is the first part of the reason, and it is so simple. And I could sum it up in one word, *Awareness*. That isn't a problem, its just a matter of ...time.

The other part of the reason is that believe it or not, Sony is overloaded!

They have had a serious challenge of training and adding good staff, retooling, rethinking, reworking, relearning, re-doing... everything! Adding a DSLR lineup has radically changed the entire camera division, it isn't as simple as we on the outside might think it could be, or that money could fix. No way is it like that.

They have had to deal with all that, and meet higher production demands of the A100 (that frankly surprised them), train management in the DSLR arena (of which most had no prior experience) and on and on. This is no easy task gentlemen. I am frankly shocked Sony has got this far so fast, any other company would have lagged (pentax, panasonic, samsung...talking lineup of bodies here, not the quality of the bodies), or just fallen on their faces.

The fact that Sony comes in and establishes a line of 5 DSLRs in a matter of just over 2 years is amazing. KM or not. And in some ways acquiring a company presents more challenges that starting from scratch.

ANNONS
Götaplatsens foto – en riktig fotobutik.