Som Plus-medlem får du: Tillgång till våra Plus-artiklar | Egen blogg och Portfolio | Fri uppladdning av dina bilder | Rabatt på kameraförsäkring och fotoresor | 20% rabatt på Leofoto-stativ och tillbehör | Köp till Sveriges mest lästa fototidning Fotosidan Magasin till extra bra pris.

Plusmedlemskap kostar 349 kr per år

Annons

Raw Photo Processor - 3.5.7 för Mac OS X

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

Knight Palm

Aktiv medlem
Många oberoende och fria programvaror för konvertering av rå-filer har dykt upp, vilka oftast är de första som har stöd för även de nya kamerahusen. Exempelvis Raw Therapee som tidigare nämnts, samt nu också Raw Photo Processor (RPP). Det unika med denna är den 4-kanaliga vit-balansen. Vidare så är dess interpolation baserad på Dave Coffin's implementation i dcraw.

Think of RPP as of a development machine in terms of film photography - first you have to develop your roll right, then do whatever you want with it. So this is NOT a full featured photo processing package, you will need Photoshop or some other tool to apply sharpness, cropping and so on, but you may use RPP for some very limited amount of operations. Let me list those operations below with some explanations:

• 4-channel white balance - this is probably the most important operation in Raw processing and it has to be applied at very early stages of processing.
  • Exposure compensation - another very sensitive step, should use high precision math to preserve shadows and highlights and it is almost impossible to make it properly during post-processing in Photoshop.
  • Saturation - very tricky operation, because it has to account for specifics in human's color perception and traditionally it's implemented with very crude methods. I'm trying to keep up with Color Science and using a lot more sophisticated approach.
  • Brightness and contrast - these represent my and Iliah's Borg attempts to create tone curve adjustments based on actual film density measures in different development modes. After all you finally should be able to obtain that dearly-looking film-like tonality in your pictures.
  • Interpolation - RPP supports 3 methods at the moment. AHD, VNG and Half - all modified versions of Dave Coffin's implementations in dcraw. Actually Half is not interpolation - this is a half resolution recombination when four single-colored pixels (RGBG) combined to one RGB, very fast, color accurate, but at price of lost resolution.
  • Highlights recovery - a simple tool to neutralize clipped channels if present (f.e. the "pink sky" problem).

New features and bug fixes in 3.5.7:
  • Built-in profiles for Olympus cameras - E1, E10, E20, E300, E330, E400, E500. E410 works, but it's in preliminary stage for now - not it's own profile yet! Also some Oly P&S cameras have built-in profiles.
Product Requirements:
  • Mac OS X 10.4 PPC
  • Mac OS X 10.4 Intel
Ref:

ANNONS
Götaplatsens foto – en riktig fotobutik.