Annons

simulate analog film grain to remove ditital noice, How?

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

motionsync

Aktiv medlem
I do occasionally shoot in high isos and my d70s have lot off noice.
Is there any way to just dont remove the noice (becauce offen we remove details) but to simulate a analog film grain as a Tri-X pushed Tri-Xt, Delta 3200 or Fuji Superia X-tra?

Lambis

I would say Grain Surgery is the best program for this. It's a plug-in for Photoshop.

With this plug-in you can add grain from several films. If there's a film that's not in the list you can take a photo with that film, scan it in and use the grain from that film and add it to your digital images.

It costs some money, but I would say it's well worth it.

analog to digital grain

with a analog camera, take a picture of a grey card, develop the film and scan it, and then you'll have grain you need, and it will look so much better (but that's just my opinion) tri-x 400 works good.

good luck!

/Palle

Re: analog to digital grain

p.widegren skrev:
with a analog camera, take a picture of a grey card, develop the film and scan it, and then you'll have grain you need, and it will look so much better (but that's just my opinion) tri-x 400 works good.

good luck!

/Palle

Yeah, but he will still need that program.
Or is it any other way to do that in ps?

Its function "match grain" is made for this porpuse. Tri-X is already in the program so you wont need to scan it.
I have used this function a lot when I blurred the background of an image. Then the noise from the camera was therefor also blurred in that area. Looked very strange. So I took a photo of a paper, loaded it into the program and then used it on the blurred area. The result got very good.

It's already about maybe 30 of the most common films in the program, besides just the films, you can change a lot of settings and make the noise look exactly as you want it to.

blending options

yea, if you use the blending options you can make it look really good, especially if you play curves to the grain layer for more control, and then you have the opacity and so on. i'm sure "grain surgery" works really good, i just like this method better because i get a grain pattern that no one else have and since you scan grain you get grain, it's not a simulation of grains. then again, i haven't tried "grain surgery", so i guess i shoulden't talk about how it works, and that goes for my first post to, pardon...

/palle

Paul i think your idea is great especially if you like to do some Black & white photos with digital cameras and may using a oranger or ir filter.....

I will give it a try..

Lambis

ANNONS
Köp en spegellös systemkamera från Canon och få ett 50mm objektiv på köpet hos Götaplatsens Foto.