Annons

eos 5d pc connect

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

MARKY-MARK

Aktiv medlem
Hi! can anyone help me with connecting my camera to the pc (windows vista).
I´ve installed the software and the updates but still I get"no camera detected". It´s driving me crazy.
All i really want to do is to delete the previous owners name from the camera and insert my own.
I´d be really gratefull for any ideas to solve this problem.
Replies in swedish are no problem.
Thanks !
Mark

Hi! can anyone help me with connecting my camera to the pc (windows vista).
I´ve installed the software and the updates but still I get"no camera detected". It´s driving me crazy.
All i really want to do is to delete the previous owners name from the camera and insert my own.
I´d be really gratefull for any ideas to solve this problem.
Replies in swedish are no problem.
Thanks !
Mark

The only thing that comes to mind is to check how the camera is set up, PTP or Mass storage. This set up may cause problems when not correct...

Thanks for your suggestion but it doesn´t help.
If i set the camera to print/ptp the canon utility starts automatically and I can highlight remote capture/camera settings, but then I get a message that the camera must be set to pc connect to use this function.
If I then set the camera to pc connect and turn off the camera, connect to the pc and switch the camera on(connect process according to manual) the utility doesn´t start at all.If I start the utility manually remote capture/camera settings cannot be selected.
I´ve spoken to canon support and they tell me to download the updates..which I´ve already done.
As said before i want to change the owner name on the camera.
For photography I use PS elements 6 and a card reader...without any problems.
If anyone has anymore suggestions or have experienced the same problem i would be grateful if you would share them with me.
Thanks again !
Mark

Hi!

I have the same problem as you. Will also change the previous owner. I loaded the program from Canon (the program on the CD), but it did not worked at all. I realized that the program on the CD was to old for Vista, so I got the latest version from the Canon home page.

Now the program started and I could connect to the camera if I want to load down the pictures. The problem was when I tried to connect the camera to change the owner, the program could not find the camera. Instead I got an error message. I got tired, so I am changing the owner in Bridge instead.

I hope some have a solution for the problem.

/Gunnar

I had the same problem with Vista.
I used Canon Utility instead of Zoom Browser to change name.

Hi!

I have the same problem as you. Will also change the previous owner. I loaded the program from Canon (the program on the CD), but it did not worked at all. I realized that the program on the CD was to old for Vista, so I got the latest version from the Canon home page.

Now the program started and I could connect to the camera if I want to load down the pictures. The problem was when I tried to connect the camera to change the owner, the program could not find the camera. Instead I got an error message. I got tired, so I am changing the owner in Bridge instead.

I hope some have a solution for the problem.

/Gunnar

Hi Gunnar !
It´s nice to know i´m not the only one with this problem, even if it seems a bit trivial wanting to delete the previous owners name it´s very irritating seeing it on the file info.
I´m interested in trying bridge,but if I google bridge i only get hits on the cardgame. Can you give me the link for this program ?

Thankyou Gunnar and Dez.
Regards !
Mark

Sorry if I was little bit unclear. Bridge is an Adobe product included in the Adobe Photoshop CS... and Lightroom. I do not know if you could get the Bridge as a stand alone product (someone who knows?). Anyway it is not a solution for the problem when you have to change the name for every picture you got manually. Maybe someone knows how to change the name easy when you have a lot of pictures.

/Gunnar

ANNONS
Götaplatsens foto – en riktig fotobutik.