Som Plus-medlem får du: Tillgång till våra Plus-artiklar | Egen blogg och Portfolio | Fri uppladdning av dina bilder | Rabatt på kameraförsäkring och fotoresor | 20% rabatt på Leofoto-stativ och tillbehör | Köp till Sveriges mest lästa fototidning Fotosidan Magasin till extra bra pris.

Plusmedlemskap kostar 349 kr per år

Annons

PS5 kraschar

Produkter
(logga in för att koppla)

BrorT

Aktiv medlem
Hjääälp
Jag öppnar en bild i bridge´s rawhanterare.
Tar upp den i PS5
arkiv - skriv ut - utskriftsinställningar = krasch varje gång..
Har försökt ominstallera, men det hjälper inte.
Köpte nyligen ny Imac. Har snow leopard..tror jag det heter

Hjääälp
Tar upp den i PS5
Har du en p--t variant månne?

Hjääälp
Tar upp den i PS5

So you are trying to PRINT from PS 5?

What printer do you have and have you made sure the driver for it is compatible with Snow Leopard? If you had an older Mac and a printer that run on that OS (older) - does not mean the printer will run right away on the new iMac without a printer update - SnowLeopard was a major OS update and many printer drivers weren't updated right away...

Have you done the usual stuff like run Disk Utility? Go on the web and download a couple of free utilities called Yasu or/and OnyX. Also a program I would not be without is DiskWarrior.

A Mac needs maintenance like all computers - always run Diskwarrior and Permissions when something is wrong (or every couple of weeks) - or any of the programs I listed here.

That your new iMac is crashing when you try to print is most like the driver of the printer is not up to date - or you have never made sure your disk directory is maintained..

Hope this helps..

C

So you are trying to PRINT from PS 5?

What printer do you have and have you made sure the driver for it is compatible with Snow Leopard? If you had an older Mac and a printer that run on that OS (older) - does not mean the printer will run right away on the new iMac without a printer update - SnowLeopard was a major OS update and many printer drivers weren't updated right away...

Have you done the usual stuff like run Disk Utility? Go on the web and download a couple of free utilities called Yasu or/and OnyX. Also a program I would not be without is DiskWarrior.

A Mac needs maintenance like all computers - always run Diskwarrior and Permissions when something is wrong (or every couple of weeks) - or any of the programs I listed here.

That your new iMac is crashing when you try to print is most like the driver of the printer is not up to date - or you have never made sure your disk directory is maintained..

Hope this helps..

I´t possible to print from other programs...

I´t possible to print from other programs...

Ok, so all other programs print. That narrows it done to PS5 - probably.

Does *ANYTHING* print from within PS5? Any file at all?

You say you got a new iMac - does everything else work when using it? Did you install PS5 from original disks? Did you run Disk Utility (or any other program like I listed above) first to make sure your directory and permissions were ok?

What about your old Mac - does PS5 print from that? What kind of printer is it? Have you checked you are using the latest driver for it? Sometimes a driver will work with some programs and not with others.

When you have a problem like this is is important to list EVERYTHING you can think of.

What version of Snow Leopard are you running? 10.6.8? If the iMac is brand new, how come it didn't come with Lion? How much memory?

Christer

Hello again
I have 10.7.2
The old imac worked fine until it broke down..;)
I have a Epson SP 3800. I think i have the latest driver.
(v.8.64)

I can print from other programs, for example Firefox and PDF´s..

Hello again
I have 10.7.2
The old imac worked fine until it broke down..;)
I have a Epson SP 3800. I think i have the latest driver.
(v.8.64)

I can print from other programs, for example Firefox and PDF´s..

Ok, You have LION - NOT Snow Leopard...=*^)

You need to get in touch with Epson Tech support - or simply go on the web and look for the latest driver for your Epson 3800 - I don't know for sure but I am *pretty* sure the old driver for the 3800 will not work with PS5 - Epson is notoriously SLOW when it comes to update drivers for their printers and Apple....

I don't have a 3800 myself (and I am still running Snow Leopard as it is what I am comfortable with now) so can't tell for sure but that's where I think the problem lies.

I just found this on the web:

I got a MacBook air with Lion and was able to install the 3800 drivers on that machine. I then decided to convert my macbook pro to Lion. To get the 3800 drivers to work I had to uninstall the 3800, then download the new network driver as well as the printer driver and the general updater. I installed first the driver, then the web updater and finally the network config utility. I restarted the machine and was able to reinstall the 3800. (I first installed with the printer connected by USB, printed a file, then disconnected the USB, and did an IP install over the wireless network.) I was able to print using the wireless network as well. So at this point I would say there is no problem using the 3800 with Lion as long as the older installations are removed and the latest drivers from epson are installed. I have the same printer dialogs as Leopard and SnowLeopard (platten management, color management, etc.)

Here is a German link to Epson 8.64 driver:

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Fi...TPmGoHzZ6EQLhR6U002FQihgU003D&id=328233&cl=-1

From epsons site:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...tails.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=79928#stage1

Select your Printer and you'll get the same driver - 8,64

Hope this will solve it for you

C

Stupid me - I just re-read your post - you DO have the latest driver - sigh...

Then I really don't know what to tell you - I would delete the Epson drivers - run any or all of the programs I listed, including DiskWarrior, make sure Permissions are repaired and re-start the Mac and then re-install the Epson Driver.

When you re-installed CS5 (it was CS5 right), did you do un UN-install first? You might want to do that...

Sorry, but that's as much as I think I can do from this far away..=*^)

C

Thanks a lot for all good advice
I´ll try all of the above..
But cannot find Yasu or Onyx for Mac and/or my
OS.

Jag tror att problemet ligger i preference filen, den brukar haka upp sig ibland.

Så tänk efter vilka preferences du brukar ha och om du inte rädd att börja om med default inställningar, prova...

1. Stäng av Photoshop.

2. öppna Terminal, du hittar den i /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

3. skriv;
Källkod:
cd '/Users/[ditt användarnamn]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS[din version 5 / 5.1 etc ] Settings/'
Byt givetvis ut [ditt användarnamn] och [din version 5 / 5.1 etc ]
För mig är strängen
Källkod:
cd '/Users/michaelhansson/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Settings/'
tryck Enter.

4. skriv;
Källkod:
sudo rm 'Adobe Photoshop CS[din version 5 / 5.1 etc ] Prefs.psp'
för mig
Källkod:
sudo rm 'Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Prefs.psp'
tryck Enter och skriv in ditt adminlösenord när den frågar.

5. Starta Photoshop igen.... Med lite tur ska det funka.

EDIT!!!!
Haha, jag glömde shortcutten och beskrev den långa vägen...
en snabbare version:

1. Stäng photoshop.
2. håll ner Shift+Command+Option(alt).
3. starta photoshop medans du håller ner tangenterna.
4. den borde fråga om du vill kasta preference filen... säg ja. :)

Jag tror att problemet ligger i preference filen, den brukar haka upp sig ibland.

Så tänk efter vilka preferences du brukar ha och om du inte rädd att börja om med default inställningar, prova...

EDIT!!!!
Haha, jag glömde shortcutten och beskrev den långa vägen...
en snabbare version:

1. Stäng photoshop.
2. håll ner Shift+Command+Option(alt).
3. starta photoshop medans du håller ner tangenterna.
4. den borde fråga om du vill kasta preference filen... säg ja. :)

Dang - why didn't I think of this ???

Forgetting that tells you I've had too few problems lately ...

I really wanna thank U all. Unfortunately nothing seems to work so far..

I´ll never give up...

Do you know anyone with a printer like yours?

If so, could you take your Mac over to that person and see if it works with that printer?

Of course that means he/she has to have CS5 as well..

So, you've done everything suggested to you? Did you go to Luminous-Landscape.com - to the Epson printer forum and check if anyone there has any idea?

That forum is populated with a lot of serious printers and lots of knowledge and experience..

Do you have an external drive where you can install Lion, CS5 and the Epson driver only? Start up from that and then see what happens?

I think at this time if I couldn't get any answers that solved the problem, I'd invest in a new external drive and do what I suggested. If it would work from there you could always use that drive as a
startup, reinitialize the old drive and re-install everything on that one.

I have several Macs and a number of external drives with different versions of Mac OS and it has been very helpful the few times I've had a problem.

Pain in the butt but....
C

I really wanna thank U all. Unfortunately nothing seems to work so far..

I´ll never give up...

När den krashar antar jag du får en "Photoshop CS5 krashade"-ruta, med valen ignorera, starta om eller skicka felrapport (vet inte vad de heter på ett svenskt OSX dock, men typ)?

Välj skicka felrapport och i rutan som kommer upp med massa "kodtjafs" - sen kopierar du tjafset och klistrar in det i ett mejl till hello[at]themajk.com så ska jag kolla om jag kan hitta en lösning... Du behöver alltså inte skicka felrapporten till Apple, utan bara så att du kommer åt sjävla felrapporten.

ANNONS
Köp en spegellös systemkamera från Canon och få ett 50mm objektiv på köpet hos Götaplatsens Foto.